Office365 has been around for years and is somewhat a household name. There has always been some confusion around Office 365 and the Application Suite Microsoft Office. When is it and when isnt it the same.
As the family of products in Office 365 grew and Microsoft continued to develop the cloud based productivity services and the communication between these products so the bigger work ecosystem Microsoft 365 emerged as a separate product.
Microsoft 365 includes Office 2016, Web and mobile versions included, Email and calendaring, File Storage and sharing, Teamwork and Communication, Security and Compliance, Support and Deployment, Tools to manage your business, Advanced Security and Device Management.
Supply, Install and Maintenace of M365 is covered under Managed Services
Teams is one of the most exciting additions from a business perspective.
- Ideal for workplace where its idea for group based projects where they can communicate, collaborate, meet online and integrate project apps all from the one hub of Teams.
- Teams works for any team or project environment that involves people working on the same topic, sharing and communicating with each other.
- Teams can be from the same organisation or from different organisations, they can be at the same location or be working in different locations, even cities.
- Apps allow for the integration with other data services within M365 or other Apps in the business ecosystem.
- The more that you communicate and share information, the more your business is at risk, and the more attention that needs to be applied to Security and Compliance
A central dashbard that indicates the basic health of the organisation. Getting the health rating up will include the following topics.
- Basic admin protections
- Logging and analytics
- Basic identity protection
- Tenant configuration
- Admin accounts
- Data & user accounts
- Visibility into compliance, threat, and user needs
- Adapt and implement default policies and protections
- Adjust and refine key policies and controls
- Extend protections to on-premises dependencies
- Integrate with business and security processes (legal, insider threat, etc.)
Monitor risks across applications, shadow IT.
Identify high risk activities on the network.